History at a glance
“Timelines help students understand the chronology of historic events. They place newly encountered events and figures in context. They allow us to recognise how historic events, eras and topics overlap in time.” Elise Philpot from the Bringing History Home Project, and now at the University of Iowa College of Education.
The idea behind making beautiful pictorial teaching tools is that they can capture children's imaginations quicker than words, especially when teaching to a group.
Teachers find that illustrated histories engage the students quickly and appeal to their love of images and stories. See the testimonials.
A visual timeline with beautiful images can be the hook that engages the learner and invites further study. This is especially true for visual learners.
History makes sense using an illustrated timeline
New Teaching Resource for Primary and Secondary
- captures key moments in 4,000 years of history of worldwide religions
- inspires enquiry-based activities through detailed images and artwork
- provides philosophical and historical information in an explanatary chart
- reflects and illuminates the diverse cultures and stories of student communities
- features the Abrahamic religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam, Zoroastrianism and Bahai, and the Eastern religions, Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism, Jainism, Shintoism and Sikhism. Australian Aboriginal history and culture is represented by a rainbow serpent predating the 4,000 year mark on the left hand side.
This timeline gives the context to the study of many cultures or religions. Discovering what was going on in the history of one tradition can be found by running a finger along a horizontal row. Learning what was going on in different parts of the world at the same time is made simple, by running a finger down the page.
The accompanying written chart provides historical and philosophical information to help teachers and students.
The kit targets the teaching of cross-cultural knowledge and understanding, with the aim of building a more aware and thus stronger community.
It is a teaching tool for any multicultural aspect of the curriculum, including Primary lessons on People and their Beliefs or History and Secondary topics like Studies of Religion, History and Cultural Diversity Issues.
It makes a beautiful educational wall poster in schools or libraries and is a helpful discussion focus for interfaith groups.
Poster size: 80 cms x 75 cms.
Check our testimonials.
Go to Contact to order this poster
anniversaries, centenaries, public, corporate & personal histories and travel guides
An illustrated timeline is an excellent tool for capturing historical milestones. You can record the history of public, business or personal achievements in this way. A horizontal or vertical scroll gives a clear visual outline and makes a great keepsake or treasure.
Scrolls make excellent travel diaries or guides. The excerpt shown here is part of a timeline that served as our travel guide when we visited several countries in succession.
Find out more by contacting us